Fortnite Failed Login (Not Fixed)

TzzSpaceFighter

Fortnite Failed Login (Not Fixed)

Post by TzzSpaceFighter »

Fortnite Failed Login (Not Fixed).

I just installed the game and never played it before. The screen goes to the Epic Games login screen. So I use the same login as I use Epic Games right? Then it says "Login Failed - Unable to login to Fortnite servers. Please try again later.".

I tried setting Auto-Update in Epic, which was already set to auto update. And I did the validate install and rebooted the system. Still no go.

I tried the WinSock reset and rebooted the system. Still no go.

I tried to look for log files in the Fortnite installation directory C:\Program Files\ ... Where ever Fortnite is installed. Found no log files.

It would be nice if Fortnite just straight told me that my laptop is too slow to run the game. Then I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to play it.

My laptop doesn't meet minimum requirements but it should be able to login and play the game at some dropped frame-rate. I have HP 15-bs144wm laptop.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4417u @ 2.3Ghz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Intel HD 610

2020-06-26.jpg
2020-06-26.jpg (81.8 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
TzzSpaceFighter

Re: Fortnite Failed Login (Not Fixed)

Post by TzzSpaceFighter »

I waited few some several days and now it does get past that login screen now (actually doesn't even show it anymore). But now the game crashes with a Windows error:

Application Hang Detected - The application has hung and will now close. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So yup there is the limit of my laptop now. Problem is not fixed but this should be the final result to get it running, is, don't try, just get new computer.
2020-07-08.png
2020-07-08.png (9.88 KiB) Viewed 2581 times